Library of Changes

(After) Walk in through the library doors near between the sophomore and N classrooms.

Austin Blair and Katieanne Meyer

The Dunlap High School Library has been made into a new meaning of old, but new library.

The library will be 20 years old next year. According to librarian, Mrs. Stefanski, “Libraries have been changing for years, and ours reflected a library setup of years past. It was time for an update. With the impending movement to 1:1 next year, I need a space that reflected the new changes to the building, plus provide a space for students to work.”

She added, “The world of school libraries has changed so much, that the space needs to reflect what is happening in education: collaborative or individualize workspace with enough room for all.

The changes that the library underwent were a new paint job, carpet, and new shelving units.

However, the biggest change is that the computer lab was removed. According to Mrs. Stefanski, it was “to spread things out a bit.”

When putting everything together Amy Stefanski stated, “ I cannot say enough about the people who spent tireless amounts of hours painting, putting new carpet down, building custom made shelves and to the maintenance department for all their work as well,”

But that’s not all who help create the improved Dunlap Library. Mrs. Stefanski’s mom helped put it all back together.

“She is always there when I need her. Her and I spent 24 hours over the weekend putting it all back together.” Mrs. Stefanski said.

In addition to physical updates, there are also new staff members in the library: Elissa Chapin and Mikaela Monday.

“These two will bring extra talent and experience to the library,” said Mrs. Stefanski. “I’m really looking forward to them working for us this year.”

Although Mrs. Stefanski is proud of the renovations, she still has a wishlist for the library.

One of the things on her list is a fireplace. “It would complete my homey, holistic feel.” Mrs. Stefanski said.

(Before) Walk in through the doors between the sophomore lockers and the N classes.

(Before) Walk in through the library doors near between the sophomore and freshman lockers last year.

• Library of Changes

Features

Farewell to Mrs. Siever

• Library of Changes

Features

Senior Phil Unes Receives Wendy’s Heisman Award

• Library of Changes

Fall

Hard Work and Determination Pays Off for Freshman Taylor Disharoon

• Features

Fan-Favored Halloween Costume Ideas

• Library of Changes

Features

Director Robin Hunt: a Star in the Spotlight

• Library of Changes

Features

Need A Phone Fixed? Just Call Jack

• Library of Changes

Fall

Football head coach wins Chicago Bears week five All-Star coach of the week

• Library of Changes

Features

Emma Theobald Shatters Record

• Library of Changes

Features

Student Poll: What was your favorite book in literature and why?

• Library of Changes

Features

Dunlap’s Newest Coaching Addition Shines

Library of Changes