Marketing Class Gains Hands on Experience

Sydney Sutter and Victorine Lewin

The Marketing class has been able to practice their skills at sporting events this past month to learn how to become better marketers.

Students were given seven tasks: create an entertainment, determine a target market, acquire a sponsor, create flyers, promote on social media, communicate with administration or staff and finally work the event.

This allows students to experience marketing and develop skills for the future. “This got students involved and gave them an opportunity to be hands on, which is something different than the classroom,” said Mr. Thomason.

Some of the projects consisted of t-shirt throws, long shot games, air plane tosses and couch seatings. These projects helped the students deal with real life experiences that they might experience later in life in a future career.

“It will help me with working with others, and it will also  help me decide if I want to enter the marketing field,” said Thomas Wallace, a student from marketing class.

“There was a few thing we learned like being more prepared,” said a student Jaiden Miamen. The students can learn their strengths and weaknesses.

The marketing class is still working on more projects like the shark tank project, where students will have to to develop a product and try to get an investment from business owners.