Barnes and Noble Hosts High School Book Fair

Olivia Wynn

In December, Barnes and Noble will be hosting a book fair where part of the proceeds will go toward Dunlap High School.

The bookstore, located at 5001 N. Big Hollow Road, will be donating a percentage of the day’s sales to DHS on Dec. 9 from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.

The percentage of profits donated will be 10-20 percent, according to assistant store manager Tyler Liston.

All customers have to do is tell the cashier they are there for the book fair, and the money will be donated to DHS.

The funds will go toward the school’s own library, 90 percent of which district librarian Amy Stefanski says will be used to supply new books to the students.

According to Liston, their busiest time on Saturday, the day of the fair, is 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

“I usually recommend shopping later in the evening; a lot of our regulars are here in the morning,” Liston said.

Some students may not be interested in acquiring books, so everything in the store with “Very small exclusions” is included in the book fair, said Stefanski.

She continued, “Reading is not for everybody, but I think Barnes and Noble has something for everyone.”

They even have sets of art supplies, stuffed animals and numerous games.

Liston said they have “Lots of good sales in the music and film department, you can even come buy a cup of coffee. It all counts.”