Students Voice Opinion on This Year’s Out of This World Homecoming Theme

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sophie Liu

As homecoming season approaches, students are becoming more and more excited. One big part of the annual celebration is the theme, which impacts the dance, parade and more. We decided to ask some students what they thought about this year’s theme, “space-galactic”

Khushal Benjaram

Khushal Benjaram

Khushal Benjaram, a junior, said, “I like it, I think it’s unique. It’s something that you don’t see often. If done right, it could be really cool.” 

Eden Jin

Eden Jin

Eden Jin, a sophomore, said, “I think this year’s homecoming Area 51 theme is very interesting. I like how it ties into what is happening in our world right now.

Hayden Terrell

Hayden Terrell

Also, everyone knows about the topic of the theme which makes it easier to understand and more relatable.”

Hayden Terrell, a freshman, said, “I think it’s interesting. It has a lot of potential to become something cool. I think it’s gonna be fun because there will be a lot of new things that they can do with the decorations and food. I’m really excited for this year’s theme.”

Austin Graham

Austin Graham

Austin Graham, a senior said, “It’s a good idea with the whole Area 51 thing going on, but I’m not sure how they’re going to decorate it. It’s a weird

Shika Barla

Shika Barla

topic.”

Shikha Barla, a junior, said, “I think it’s really interesting because it relates back to the Area 51 meme so it ties everything together. I think we should do homecoming in the actual Area 51.”

Sarah McCarthy

Sarah McCarthy

Sarah McCarthy, a junior, said, “I think if it’s done well it will be good. If the room is dark and just full of stars like a night sky it’ll be gorgeous.” 

Kratika Tandon

Kratika Tandon

Kratika Tandon, a senior, said, “It’s really innovative and creative, we haven’t done anything like it before and I’m really excited to see how it turns out.”