Homecoming Pep Rally Showcases School Spirit

Back to Article
Back to Article

Kratika Tandon

Dunlap’s school spirit was displayed this past Friday at the annual homecoming pep rally.

The pep rally showcased Dunlap High’s school spirit and got the student body pumped up for the homecoming football game later that night.

This years’ homecoming court members were introduced, the dance and cheer teams gave performances, Superfans led the student body in various cheers, and fall sports were recognized.

Homecoming court members were introduced to the crowd-a longstanding tradition during Dunlap’s homecoming season. Two individuals were chosen from each grade-except the seniors who had eight members. Among those were Alyse Rhee and Cole Wright, who went on to get crowned queen and king later that night.

Senior attendant Jacob Peugh stated that although he doesn’t necessarily like the attention, “it was a great opportunity to represent my class.” 

Both the dance team as well as the cheerleaders gave performances during the rally. To get more crowd engagement, the dance team performed to a number of theme-fitting songs including the Space Jam theme song, Katy Perry’s ET, and Nicki Minaj’s Starships. 

The Superfans, a group of some of the school’s most spirited members, led the students in a number of various cheers, such as the ever-famous “You Can’t Ride in My Little Red Wagon” and “I Believe That We Will Win.” 

Many students are fond of traditions such as the pep rally, and for new students like senior Emily King, it can be a fun and welcoming event. King thought the rally “really showed the school spirit and made me excited for the football game. It felt like community.”