Teen’s Favorite Places in Peoria

Back to Article
Back to Article

Teen’s Favorite Places in Peoria

Mac Parmelee

In interviewing four separate area teens, Elevate Trampoline Park emerged as a favorite place for local kids to spend their time. “It’s always fun to see friends and jump around,” said Dunlap High School junior Maggie Scherder. Keegan Sargusa also agreed with Maggie’s sentiment, stating “Elevate is an exciting place to spend time.”

Elevate which is located at 8800 N Allen Rd, Peoria, open 7 days a week. Admission is $20 per person and is available for parties.

Several area malls were also mentioned by those who were interviewed. “There are a lot of stores and interesting things you could do there” according to Joe Swanson. Northwoods Mall is an indoor facility with 78 retailers, while Grand Prairie Mall is an open air facility 70 retail stores and restaurants. 

Another notable location cited during this halloween season were the haunted houses. “I like to get out and have a good time and see people get scared” chuckled Dunlap’s sophomore Jack Robertson. Popular local haunted houses include: Spook Hollow (Pekin), and Three Sisters Park/Spider Hill (Chillocothe). 

Lastly the Riverfront museum was identified as a popular place to explore and learn, “there’s a lot of hands on activities and an IMAX theatre that has newer and older movies in it.” said Joe Swanson. 

The RiverFront museum is located 222 SW Washington St, Peoria, near the Caterpillar welcome center. It’s hours of business are Tuesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday noon – 5 p.m.

A random poll of Dunlap High School students indicates a wide variety of activities and locations for teens to spend their time and places to hang out with friends.